Job Advert – Hawke’s Bay Tourism General Manager
Hawke’s Bay Tourism seeks a passionate, charismatic, and savvy tourism professional to champion the tourism industry and lead visitor economy marketing for the region. The vision for tourism in Hawke’s Bay is to be a vibrant and valued contributor to the region’s economy.
Hawke’s Bay Tourism is the official Regional Tourism Organisation for Hawke’s Bay. A successful and established business model, Hawke’s Bay Tourism is funded by the Hawke’s Bay Regional Council and by private contributions and membership fees.
Hawke’s Bay Tourism’s mission is to get visitors here now, doing more and coming back.
Reporting to the Board of Hawke’s Bay Tourism, the General Manager will be responsible for:
- Regional leadership of the tourism industry in Hawke’s Bay
- Stakeholder relationship management of all Council, industry and iwi relationships
- Management and development of all staff
- Regional Visitor Strategy development and implementation
- Overall manager of the organisation’s regional tourism marketing activity
- Overall management of communications – both in managing media and public relations activity
- Oversight of the Regional Events Strategy and stewardship of F.A.W.C!, and Big Easy enterprises
- Challenging and disrupting destination marketing practices
- Management and reporting for all financials
- Revenue generation
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who has previous experience in:
- Senior management, leadership (senior tourism, travel, and/or international experience would be beneficial)
- Partnership with local and central government agencies, and iwi
- Financial management, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Event and revenue generation management
- Contemporary marketing, communications, and public relations
- Strategy development and implementation
- Relationships expertise at all levels
Those applying should have a great attitude, be proactive, be willing to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in, as well as have passion for Hawke’s Bay.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 2nd June 2019.
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence by the Chair of Hawke’s Bay Tourism, and are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, and a job description, please go to: https://hawkesbaytourism.nz/careers