The Hawke’s Bay Brand
The new millenium saw a group of dedicated believers in Hawke’s Bay develop the Hawke’s Bay Wine Country brand, which emerged from the clutter in the local market place and cut through historical barriers in the region.
Business and community alike embraced the brand proving the vision of regional co-operation is more than just rhetoric. The sun icon incorporates the regional brand values – particularly art deco, food, wine and lifestyle.
In 2011 the brand was refreshed by Hawke’s Bay Tourism and the Wine Country wording was removed to allow a broader scope when marketing the region. This new brand retained the key elements of sun and colour form the original but incorporated a renewed and invigorated modern look.
The brand can now be seen in many places across the region, including:
- Gateway signage into the region and major centers
- Regional publications and regional websites
- Branded crates exporting produce to external markets
- Branded flags flying outside businesses
- Artisan food producers displaying the Food Trail brand
- Artists and galleries displaying the Art Trail brand
- Wineries displaying the Wine Trail brand
- Consumer Shows oustside the region
- TRENZ Annual International Tourism Tradeshow
- Local i-Sites
- Regional Promotional Merchandise
- Regional Transport Providers
- Regional Airport Signage
Who owns the Hawke’s Bay Brand?
The Hawke’s Bay Brand is now in full ownership of the Hawke’s Bay Regional Council.
Management of the brand and its use on an operational, day-to-day basis is the responsibility of the Regional Tourism Organisation (RTO) Hawke’s Bay Tourism Limited.
Full members of the Hawke’s Bay Tourism Industry Association are entitled to use the regional brand to assist them to promote their business. On occasion other conference and event managers are also given approval to use the brand to help them promote attendance at their events to potential attendees from outside the region.
A set of Brand Use Guidelines has been developed and must be adhered to when using the brand to maintain the brand’s integrity.
All brand use enquiries should be directed to Hawke’s Bay Tourism firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. +64 6 834 1918