Hawke’s Bays’ Regional Events Strategy
Our mission is for Hawke’s Bay to be the natural (easy) choice to host events in New Zealand; capitalising on our consistent climate, facilities and our Hawke’s Bay lifestyle. We want our communities to feel good and proud of Hawke’s Bay and our spirit of manaakitanga to make every event a true success.
- We want to deliver economic growth by increasing visitor nights spent in Hawke’s Bay.
- We want to have a balanced year-round events calendar with good regional spread and we want to utilise our fantastic regional facilities across the year.
What is the focus?
We want to build on and maximise the economic success of existing regional events, we want and encourage event managers to create new events (at times of the year when there is capacity) and we want to attract external organisations to bring their events and conferences to Hawke’s Bay.
Who delivers the strategy?
The Regional Events Advisory Group is made up of events and marketing staff from Hawke’s Bay Tourism, the Hawke’s Bay Regional Council, Napier City Council, Hastings District Council, Wairoa and Central Hawke’s Bay and Sport Hawke’s Bay are all involved in delivering the strategy and meet monthly.
All of those working in venues and facilities and who service events in Hawke’s Bay are part of the wider strategy.
How can you support me?
Each entity listed above offers different levels of support for events.
Funding – There are funds available for events and in order to access these funds you will need to complete an event assessment form, which will in turn be evaluated by the Regional Events Advisory Group.
Marketing Assistance –Marketing and promotion is the key function of Hawke’s Bay Tourism and the marketing teams of Councils. The level of support will be commensurate with the economic importance of the event.
Hawke’s Bay Tourism can work with you to;
- Develop an effective marketing plan. (We can provide a marketing plan template)
- Help with creating event logos and collateral
- Assist with promotion via our consumer databases, social followers and via www.hawkesbaynz.com
- Providing advice on facilities and venues
- Assist with bid documentation
- Assist with your event listing on eventfinda
- Provide collateral and maps
- Provide the regional brand
- Connect to local associations
Councils can assist with bookings and information on facilities they own directly.
i-SITE teams in Hawke’s Bay can provide assistance with group bookings of accommodation and attractions and activities.