Hawke’s Bay is an ideal conference and events destination with its climate, wine and food, world class architecture and high quality venues and services.
Hawke’s Bay Convention Bureau
To help event managers see the potential in the region and to assist them in bringing their event be it a conference, incentive or wedding to Hawke’s Bay, the Convention Bureau is a free service that ensures the regions’ diverse conferencing resources are utilised in the best way possible.
The Bureau has a Conference and Incentive Industry group that meets bi-monthly to discuss this sector. The group is made up of managers, owners and operators who work in the conference sector:
- Michele Cole – The Crown Hotel
- Michele Ballentine-Wooley – The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
- Glenys Fraser – Napier Tourism Services
- Jacqui D ‘Ath – The Napier War Memorial
- Melanie Johnson – Church Road Winery
- Ian Hughes – Nimon & Sons
- Jenny Ryan – Takaro Trails
- Karen McLean – Attend Ltd
- Angie Rawlinson – Attend Ltd
The Convention Bureau is also responsible for the bi-annual production of the Conference, Incentive, Events and Wedding planner
If you have a product, venue or service that you feel would benefit from adverting in the planner or you wish to know more about the Convention sector then please contact Hamish Evans on 06 280 5467 or email@example.com.
Planning your event?
We can help!
Hawke’s Bay Convention Bureau is a non-profit division of Hawke’s Bay Tourism; we can offer you free unbiased professional services and local knowledge to assist you in your Conference, Meeting, Event, Incentive and Wedding planning.
- Assistance of the Hawke’s Bay Convention Bureau Manager
- Co-ordination of your request for proposals with member hotels, activities, destination management companies and professional conference organisers
- Research to find meeting rooms, exhibition halls and hotel rooms which best suit your needs
- Impartial advise on venue and site availability
- Co-ordination of hosted site inspections for key decision makers
- Production of bid documents
- Support to present the bid
- Promotional support material – collateral, power point presentations and images
- Suggested partner programmes
- Incentive itinerary ideas
- Quarterly updates
Contact Hamish Evans on 06 280 5467 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your upcoming event or conference…